Model: Paperport Vx and others
Operating System: Windows ME (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
Please do not download it unless you already own the Paperport software.
The only reason I am posting this is because of the absolute nightmare I went through with purchasing the software and trying to deal with their customer support (or lack thereof)
According to them, the Vx will not work with Paperport 8, nor will it work with WinME properly. Both assertations have proven incorrect, and their blatant attempt to 'force' me into a scanner upgrade position is infuriating.
How to use this file
1) Have your current version of the Paperport software and your scanner driver handy.
2) Uninstall your scanner (if installed - you may have to delete it from your Device Manager)
3) Uninstall your current version of the PaperPort software. Do not remove any data, indexing, or thumbnail files.
4) Install this file over your previous install location. It is the Paperport software version 6.0. (it is a very large file [about 35mb]) It should install your scanner (or ask for its installation disk)
5) Test your scanner
6) Assuming it is working, reinstall your current version of the Paperport software over this version, and you will be good to go!
I am not sure if this will work with WinXP. I have heard (from non-Visioneer people) that the Vx scanner will not work with XP, but I have not verified this myself.